Parents deserve support for any decision they make that is right for them, whether it be an epidural, caesarean, or homebirth. We are not there to encourage you to make decisions that we think are right for you, our role is to inform you of the risks and benefits of each decision and support you through each decision you make.
Initial consultations are complimentary and are an opportunity for me to meet you and your partner and answer any questions you have so that you can determine if we are a good fit.
Your birth doula package includes:
• Two prenatal visits to assess your needs and desires for birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth.
• Birth plan assistance to help you clarify your preferences for birth and explain the
that are available to you.
• Access to our lending library of books and videos about pregnancy, birth and baby care, to support your learning.
• Unlimited phone and e-mail support to answer your questions and offer suggestions and support throughout pregnancy and early labor.
• On call for you 24/7 two weeks prior to your due date until the birth of your baby.
• Continuous physical, emotional, and informational support for you and your partner for the duration of labor and birth, to help you hold and move towards the vision you created for your baby's birth.
• Initial breastfeeding support immediately after birth to help your baby latch on properly and encourage the establishment of breastfeeding.
• One postpartum follow-up visit to celebrate the birth of your baby and answer any questions you have during the early postpartum period about breastfeeding, postpartum adjustment, newborn concerns and community services.
• Telephone and email support to answer any questions and offer suggestions about postpartum adjustment, breastfeeding and newborn concerns.
• A detailed outline of the labor & birth and any photos that were taken.